For natural casings surprisingly little qualitative information is available. What are the qualities of natural casings?
- Natural casings are permeable to smoke
- Natural casings have excellent characteristics of elasticity and tensile strength, which allows high production efficiency
- Natural casings improve and complement natural flavor, juiciness and quality of product
- natural casings provide the best taste and appearance of the final product
- the term “natural” is, and continues to be one of the strongest arguments that affect the decision to purchase by the end user.
It is important to know that natural casings are different in terms of quality and price. For the right choice it is important to know:
- equipment used for filling
- what kind of sausage will be used for
- coarseness of grind
That’s why it is better for supplier and manufacturer to determine the appropriate specifications, on which the final results of the products will be guaranteed.
In general, all casings can be processed in the same way, but there are some specific moments in different types
- Beef casings
To be soaked overnight in water. Before use, soak 30 minutes in water heated to 38 degrees.
- Hog casings
To be soaked overnight in water. Before use, soak 30 minutes in water heated to 30-32 degrees.
- Sheep casings / SATLENKI /
Rinse in water. Before use, soak 30 minutes in water heated to 30-32 degrees.